Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home – Moncton, New Brunswick
Nursing Home Care
35 Atlantic Baptist Avenue
Moncton, New Brunswick, E1E 4N3
Telephone: 506.858.7870 Located in Moncton, New Brunswick, the Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home provides 24 hour nursing home care with a total capacity of 200 beds, providing care to level 3 residents. The home opened in 1973 with 100 beds and was expanded to 200 beds in 1980.Nursing Home care (level 3 care) is defined as care required by an individual with a relatively stabilized chronic physical and/or mental illness or functional disability. The person requires personal care on a 24 hour basis. Medical and professional supervision is necessary.The criteria is established by the Department of Social Development. Functional assessments are completed to identify the person’s needs and to determine the most appropriate care and service to meet those needs.
Would you like to make a DIFFERENCE?
The Foundation is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the Board. The Board meets approximately seven times a year, with no meetings taking place during the summer months. Meetings start at 5 p.m. and last approximately one hour to one hour and a half at Spencer Home. To find out more about the Spencer Foundation and how to volunteer, please click on the link Spencer Home Foundation seeks volunteers
The Spencer Home Foundation raises funds for Kenneth E Spencer to assist with ensuring the quality of life for persons requiring long-term care.
A Better Day for You and Your Loved One.
The Adult Day Program at Spencer Home
The Adult Day Program provides support for adults experiencing physical and/or cognitive impairments that prevent them from functioning at their optimum level. The clients participate in various activities including chapel, exercise, reminisce, crafts, music, and community trips as well as visiting and socializing with residents. Please click on the link below for more information.Adult Day Program Information Pack
The mission of the Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home is to ensure the Quality of Life for persons requiring long-term care in southeastern New Brunswick.
All our decisions, actions and behaviors are based on:
Our Vision is a Nursing Home where residents experience life to the full potential.
Persons seeking admission are referred to the Department of Social Development. The referral may be made personally or by his or her family or Physician. Phone: 1-866-426-5191.Friends, relatives and families of perspective residents are invited to call and make an appointment to visit the home prior to admission. Clients and families wishing to use this Program should contact the Admissions Coordinator at 858-7870 Ext. 113.Nursing Home rates are set by the Province of New Brunswick. The current cost is $113 per day. Persons with a monthly income of less than $3,437.08 may make application for financial assistance by calling 1–866-426-5191. Additional financial information may be directed to us by calling the Office Manager at 858-7870 extension 109.
Description of our facility
- 8 individual living areas of 25 residents.
- All rooms have visual access to outside lawn and gardens.
- All living areas contain a Dining area in addition to the Main Dining room.
- Hydro Sound tub on each of the 8 living areas.
- Ceiling lifts available to ensure safe transfers for residents and staff.
- Several Lounges & sitting areas in the home and access to courtyards.
- Living Rooms available by reservation for special occasions to celebrate with family and friends.
- City transit bus route to front door.
- Smoke free facility.
- Adult Day Program
- Relief Care Program
- Flexible visiting hours depending on the residents schedule and needs.
- 24 hour Nursing Care is provided by Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Resident Attendants.
- Medical Care provided by a Physician and Nurse Practitioner.
- Extra Mural Services
- Two full-time Rehabilitation Support Workers.
- Full-time Dietitian.
- Full-time Recreation Therapist.
- Recreation and Leisure opportunities.
- In home Pastoral Care in co-operation with community clergy.
- Large central areas with a Chapel and recreation and walking areas.
- Well balanced home cooked meals.
- Maintenance and Housekeeping Services
- Resident Laundry Services
- VON Foot care, Optometrist, Dentist, Hairdresser, Barber can be arranged on site.
- Dialysis Clients – G.L. Dumont Hospital
- Business office with knowledgeable staff regarding seniors benefits
- Manage comfort & clothing (bank) accounts on site.
- Assistance with financial transactions.
- Determination of eligibility and completion of required forms to acquire provincial or federal funding and/or rebates.
Relief Care Program
This program provides relief to a family or caregiver of a dependent person who requires nursing care or supervision on a 24 hour basis.
Under this program, temporary accommodation is provided for a specified period following which the individual returns to his or her former living arrangement. Relief Care may be used for 60 days in any year, with a length of stay from seven to thirty days per admission. Three beds are available for the Relief Program.
- Clients are encouraged to participate in the activities of the Home including all Recreation programs, Chapel, etc.
- We have 24 hour professional nursing care, assistance with care needs, nutritious meals with a Registered Dietitian on staff, daily housekeeping and laundry services.
- Special services available at the clients cost include Hairdresser, Barber, VON, Cable TV and personal telephone. These can be organized for the client upon request from the service provider by the family.
- Extra Mural services are also available if previously planned in the community.
- Transportation to and from the Relief Program is the responsibility of the family.
- Medications are packaged by the Home’s Pharmacy at the cost of the client and dispensed by the RN’s or LPN’s.
Relief Bed Rates
The daily rate for relief care is set by the Department of Social Development and is paid by the client. The rate changes in relation to the Old Age Security payments. Charges apply to a seven day, six night stay.
Clients and families wishing to use this Program should contact one of the Nurse Managers at 858-7870 extension 112 or 113. Clients and families are encouraged to register well in advance to ensure a reservation for the dates required for relief care